London Rifle Brigade Shooting Cap
London Rifle Brigade Shooting Cap. 1931-1932 London Rifle Brigade shooting cap.
The London Rifle Brigade was a volunteer regiment of the British Army.
The regiment was first raised in the City of London on 14 December 1859 as 1st London (City of London Volunteer Rifle Brigade) Rifle Volunteer Corps, a rifle volunteer unit made up of five companies. On 1 July 1881 it was made part of the King’s Royal Rifle Corps as its 9th Volunteer Battalion. Ten years later, in December 1891, it was renamed the 1st London Volunteer Rifle Corps (City of London Volunteer Rifle Brigade). One of its early officers was Sir Charles Hunter. In 1893 its headquarters was moved to 130 Bunhill Row in London. When the volunteer and militia units were re-organised as the Territorial Force (TF) in 1908 the unit was again renamed, becoming the 5th (City of London) Battalion of the new London Regiment.